Tuesday 4th March
I rang the Outreach Centre today
to speak to one of my colleagues, just to let her know about a conversation I’d
had with a client earlier.
We discuss various things, then
she tells me, (rather indignantly) that she registered a client this morning
who had been referred to us from another provider (one who has a contract to
deliver the Work Programme), and the reason that the client was referred to us
is that the Work Programme provider (allegedly) told the client that they are
unable to write a CV for him. They do not have the capacity/ability to do this,
and the Outreach Centre is the best place to get CV’s done.
I am astounded. An organisation who is given Government
funding to help people back to work, is signposting its clients to us, to receive
assistance with writing a CV?? I’ve been
trying to get my head ‘round that one all morning… I would laugh at the absurdity of
the situation, if there wasn't someone at the end of all this buck-passing
trying to fulfil their Client Commitment, or Job Seekers Agreement, or whatever
Government have decided to label it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment